What is a healthy and beautiful smile? This is primarily the attitude of the person himself to his health and beauty, and only then the work of the dentist. How to care for your teeth?
What are the rules for dental care?
- Brush your teeth correctly. You need to brush your teeth at least 2 times a day, morning and evening before bedtime. You can brush your teeth both before meals and after. If you brush your teeth before eating, do it 15 minutes before eating, so as not to spoil the taste with toothpaste, and after breakfast rinse your mouth with water. You can add half a teaspoon of soda to the water or replace the water with a mouthwash. If you are a supporter of brushing your teeth after eating, this is also wonderful, because you will be sure that the remnants of the food will be removed and save you from having to rinse your mouth. There is no right or wrong way. Choose the one that suits you. It doesn’t matter when you brush your teeth, it is important HOW YOU will do it.
- Use dental floss. There is a huge selection of dental flosses: round and flat, super-flavored, flavored, fluorine-coated, etc. Of course, you make the choice yourself, but a dentist can help you with this. Need to floss once a day before bedtime, combining with subsequent brushing. The movement of the thread is done only along the axis of the tooth.
- Correct toothbrush. The toothbrush should have artificial bristle fibers. The head of the toothbrush should be about 2-2.5 tooth long in size. The hardness of the bristles is chosen by the dentist. If you don’t know which brush to choose, it’s better to use medium hardness.
- Correct toothpaste. There are a large number of toothpastes and each has its own function: – preventive; – containing therapeutic additives; – bleaching, etc. Only a dentist can tell you what you personally need. However, in spite of this, not a single toothpaste will have its function unless professional toothbrushing has been carried out before, which eliminates plaque and tartar. These are signs that cannot be eliminated at home. Remember that the commercially available toothpastes supply your teeth with a maximum of 30% calcium and fluoride. Supplementing calcium and fluoride that our body and teeth require is necessary from foods containing these components (milk, kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese, cheese, green tea, legumes, parsley, dill, cilantro)
- Dental brushing time. The average brushing time is 2-3 minutes. To clean the inner and outer surfaces of the teeth follows the “red to white” rule, i.e. the direction of movement of the toothbrush should come from the gums to the top of the tooth. So the remains of food and bacteria can not get into the gum pockets, while you prevent the development of putrefactive and inflammatory processes.
- Cleaning the soft tissues of the mouth. Cleaning the inner surface of the cheeks and tongue is an important factor that eliminates microorganisms. If the toothbrush has the additional function of cleaning soft tissues on the back, then the surface of the cheeks is automatically cleaned during brushing. Then you can further clean the surface of the tongue. The tongue can be cleaned with a toothbrush or tongue scraper. It is important to know that if there is a plaque in the tongue, “bald patches” or other changes, cleaning the tongue should be postponed and should be shown to the dentist.
- Using rinse aid. Rinsers are different. Which one do you need, the dentist will tell you. But if there is no way to find out from the dentist, choose a preventive rinse. Rinses contain active substances in liquid form, which easily penetrate hard-to-reach areas of the oral cavity (between the teeth, at the junction of the teeth and gums, etc.), kill bacteria and wash away plaque – the main cause of dental diseases (caries) and gums (gingivitis). It can be used before cleaning the oral cavity and after. The rinse aid used before cleaning helps to soften plaque on the teeth, after cleaning to fix the result.
These 7 rules for dental care will help you visit your dentist less often. But if something bothers you, then we will be happy to help you. Just call us:
Сообщение 7 rules for dental care to save on dentists. появились сначала на Dental clinic – Dudko and sons.
Discussion about this post