In stomatology, Dudko and sons set braces for children of any age. The child’s preparedness and treatment process is determined by the orthodontist at the first consultation. Our experts will conduct an examination, the necessary diagnostics, select the best bracket system for your child and provide a detailed treatment plan.
When do you need braces for children and adolescents?
- For pathologies such as: distal bite, mesial bite, open bite, cross bite;
- With crowded teeth;
- If there are gaps between the teeth;
- If necessary, the movement of teeth, including due to tooth loss;
Having noticed the pathology data in your child, do not delay the trip to the specialist. Make an appointment with an orthodontist dentist by phone: ☎️ +375 44 545-09-10
What braces do children and teenagers put in Minsk?
Children under 8: in most cases, do not install a system bracket. To correct occlusion for children under 8 years old, use removable plates or fixed devices for the treatment of occlusion. A baby bite can be corrected with a slight load without using braces.
Children from 8 to 11 years old: after teething of the upper and lower incisors and identifying problems with their location due to lack of space, installing braces can solve the problem in a short time (in about 5-8 months). At this age, there is no need to install braces on all teeth. It is enough to put the bracket system on the front teeth and the first molars. Aligning the incisors and creating enough space for teething is considered the goal of early orthodontic treatment.
For children from 11 years old: after complete teething of permanent teeth, classic fixed braces are made from materials such as metal, ceramics. It is also possible to install lingual or invisible bracket systems. The average duration of treatment is one and a half or two years.
How do children put braces?
Before installing braces for adolescents and children, professional oral hygiene is performed. This is a required procedure. Fixing bracket – systems is carried out in two ways:
- Direct fixation: the orthodontist dentist determines the correct position and place, then glues braces to the surface of the teeth with special dental glue;
- Indirect fixation: this method initially uses a gypsum model of more accurate calculation. Initially, the correct position of each individual bracket is calculated, after which they are glued to the gypsum model. After the model is poured with plastic material creating a special mouthguard. Further, through the use of mouthguards, the doctor installs braces on the surface of the teeth.
Our clinic uses fixing materials of the APC Plus brand. This material strengthens tooth enamel due to fluoride release, and also reduces the likelihood of tooth decay around bracket systems in children.
Now your child wears braces: how is the adaptation period going?
The adaptation period is considered an individual norm, but on average it takes about 2-3 weeks to fully get used to the braces.
Unpleasant sensations may occur, causing the child a feeling of discomfort. Permissible unpleasant feelings in a child after installing braces:
- Pain in the teeth; painkillers are possible if necessary;
- Numbness when biting or chewing. In the first week, it is recommended to keep a certain “soft” diet (yogurts, mashed potatoes, cereals, steamed fish, etc.);
- Sensation of tooth mobility. At the beginning of treatment for occlusion in a child, this feeling is the norm. More often it passes within 2-3 days, without assistance;
- A slight violation of the child’s diction. The recovery process takes from 3 to 7 days when wearing vestibular braces and not more than 3 or 4 weeks when wearing lingual braces.
Dentists at Dudko Clinic and sons are always ready to answer all your questions.