In the case of fully edentulous mandibles, the Nobel Biocare Trefoil three-implant prosthetics protocol is used to solve the problem of stabilizing a small number of implants. This is a very high quality and affordable solution for patients with fully edentulous mandible. Such a protocol implantation with immediate loading, allows for prosthetics on the day of implantation. Only dental surgeons with sophisticated additional training can use multi-piece dental systems, including the Trefoil Nobel. This revolutionary method of prosthetics allows you to install a fixed prosthesis on just 3 implants in 6 hours.
A snug fit of the structure to the gum and an open palate ensure that there are no problems with diction. The innovative method of implantation allows you to install a permanent prosthesis six months faster than with the classic two-stage implantation with delayed loading.
The Trefoil system allows:
- immediately install a permanent fixed prosthesis of the lower jaw on the day of implantation;
- ensure greater financial accessibility to patients;
- reduce the time of treatment.
Features of TreFoil implantation “all in three”
The exact definition of technology is given by a translation from English that sounds like “trefoil” or “all in three”. Way patented brand Nobel Biocare, ранее подаривший миру системы для экспресс-протезирования на 4 и 6 штифтах. Тестирование в пяти центрах компании подтвердило эффективность Trefoil и получило высокую оценку профессионалов и испытуемых.
The system is made in the form of a unified titanium bar with a mechanism that allows you to adjust the fit of implants along three axes within the range of up to 0.5 mm. And is attached to the gum with two-piece conical implants with smooth necks through a system of washers and abutments. The base of the structure is shaped in the laboratory by the patient’s lower jaw. All this allows the orthopedist, surgeon and dental technician to level the bite errors and reduce the time required for operations but more importantly to ensure reliable fixation of prostheses on 3 implants in the smile zone.
- PERMANENT PROSTHESIS IN A DAY
- SIMPLE IMPLANTATION PROTOCOL
- BEAM WITH COMPENSATED INSTALLATION
Trefoil is a solution that allows loading a permanent prosthesis on the day of implantation.
The standard base is made of titanium and acrylic denture.
The bar itself repeats the bend of the lower jaw and contains adaptive joints that compensate for the deviation of the implant placement angle from the base plane in height and inclination.
The system is made of premium titanium. The main advantage of the system is its standard design, which reduces the time required for the dental technician to manufacture the prosthesis.
Our dentistry center is the official partner of Nobel BioCare. Implants and accessories is delivered to the clinic from laboratory in the USA
All of our dentists are certified on a regular basis for the Nobel Biocare prosthetics courses. Here are some of them:
Taking into account preliminary preparation, the process takes up to 3 days, but 6 hours are enough for installation. To avoid complications, the patient undergoes CT scan and blood tests to scan the state of health. Nobel Biocare has created a step-by-step post integration protocol.
- At the initial stage, the doctor assesses the position of the jaws, the data is entered into the program for 3D modeling of the process.
- On the 2nd, the surgeon aligns the tissues in the lower jaw parallel to the alveolar ridge at the top, on which the roots are held. The correction helps to fix the structure beam in a horizontal position and provide a secure fit.
- On the 3rd, using high-precision microscopes that provide ideal visualization of the process, he sets the pins according to the standard Positioning Guide template.
- Then orthodontist fixes a prosthesis which was made in our dental laboratory.
What is the difference between the Trefoil system and All-on-4, All-on-6?
The difference is the reduced number of implants, which affects on a cost of implantation. In addition, the “trefoil” has a unique bar design that adapts to the shape of the jaw, which does not require an adaptation prosthesis. The frame protects the mucous membrane from mechanical friction, extends beyond the boundaries of the external implants, allowing the dental structure to be tightly fixed. In the All-on-4/6 systems, the connecting frame is made for each patient individually.
The TreFoil technology is chosen for economic reasons, since the express method eliminates the cost of a temporary prosthesis. Compared to all-on-4 implantation, the system saves a lot. Trefoil implantation from Nobel Biocare will cost about 5 000 USD.
Indications and contraindications for prosthetics on Trefoil implants
Indications for implantation are:
- Missing teeth in the lower jaw
- Problems with wearing removable prostetics
- Progressive tissue atrophy in the distal regions
- Decayed teeth preventing the use of standard dentures
Main and temporary contraindications:
- Oncology Diseases
- Granulomas and cysts
- Diabetes mellitus, osteoporosis
Photos of the result of the prosthetics operation on three implants according to the Trefoil protocol
Before prosthetics on the Trefoil bar
After prosthetics with Trefoil
Fill out the form and receive a detailed treatment plan for implantation and prosthetics.
Discussion about this post